Ekim 16, 2009

Chocolate & salted butter caramel mousse walnut brownies

ease: 3.5/5.
prep time: 45mins to get brownie cooked.
cooking time: 3 hours. (includes cooling time)
total: 3 hours & 45mins.
taste: 4/5.
They look nothing like the lovely Tartlette's but they still tasted fab.The ganache is as silky and dark as a ganache can be, it melts instantly and envelops everything in a dark sharpness.The caramel mousse dissolves instantly on your tongue, with a deep bitterness, mine made all the more bitter because of my use of dark chocolate, I could not taste the salt unfortunately.My favourite layer, the walnut brownie base, has a large soft crumb, more cake-like in its adhesiveness but with a definite 'fudge-like' quality. It is the sweetest component for me and along with the dotted walnuts it helps to soften the other bitter layers. Upon eating, the ganache and mousse meld into each other before yielding to the friendly brownie beneath.Alterations I made:
I used dark chocolate throughout (had no milk chocolate to use for the mousse darn it).
I cooked my brownie for just under 30mins.would I make it again: No - multi-component desserts stress me out and they have to be a 5 for me to make it again

Hiç yorum yok: